Overhaul of the sensing mechanism For magnetic latching relay
, the sensing mechanism is the electromagnetic system. The faults of the electromagnetic system are mainly concentrated in the coil and the moving and static iron core parts.100A UC3 & RoHS compliant Two-phase Relay
-100A two sets of contact switching capability.
-Only impulse excitation needed, both for single and double coil.
-Low power consumption, small in size.
-Custom assemblies available with flexible wire and/or copper straps, and/or with integrated shunt.
-4KV dielectric strength between coil and contacts
-IEC62055-31 UC3 compliant
-Outline dimensions: (70 x 52 x 22)mm
(1) Coil Troubleshooting Coil faults usually result in coil insulation damage; inter-turn short circuit or grounding due to mechanical damage; due to low power supply voltage, the contact between the moving and static iron cores is not tight, so that the current passing through the coil is too large, and the coil heats up and burns out . When it is repaired, the coil should be rewound. If the armature does not pull in after the coil is energized, it may be that the connection of the coil lead wire has fallen off, causing the coil to be disconnected. After checking out the falling off place, it can be welded on.
(2) Troubleshooting of the iron core The main fault of the iron core is that the armature cannot be sucked in after the power is turned on. This may be caused by coil disconnection, foreign objects between the moving and static iron cores, and low power supply voltage. It should be repaired according to the situation. After power on, the armature is noisy. This may be due to the unevenness of the contact surface between the moving and static iron cores, or oil pollution. When repairing, the coil should be removed, and the contact surface should be filed or ground; if there is oil, it should be cleaned. The loud noise may be caused by short circuit or broken ring, just repair or replace the short circuit ring with a new one. After the power is cut off, the armature cannot be released immediately, which may be caused by the moving iron core being stuck, the air gap of the iron core is too small, the spring is strained, and the contact surface of the iron core is oily. When overhauling, the cause of the failure should be treated differently, or the air gap should be adjusted to protect it at 0.02-0.05MM, or the spring should be replaced, or the oil stain should be cleaned with gasoline. For thermal relays, the sensing mechanism is the thermal element. Its common failure is that the thermal element burns out, or the thermal element malfunctions and does not operate.
(3) The heating element is burnt out. This may be caused by a short circuit on the load side, or a high operating frequency of the thermal element. During maintenance, the thermal element should be replaced and the setting value should be readjusted.
(4) Malfunction of thermal element. This may be due to the fact that the setting value is too small, the action is not overloaded, or there is strong shock and vibration in the application, making the action mechanism loose and tripping, resulting in misoperation.
(5) The thermal element does not work. This may be due to the fact that the setting value is too small, causing the thermal element to lose its overload protection function. During maintenance, the setting current should be adjusted according to the load operating current. Actuator Overhaul Most relay actuators are contact systems. Through its "on" and "off", to complete a certain control function. The faults of the contact system generally include contact overheating, wear, welding, etc. The main cause of contact overheating is insufficient capacity, insufficient contact pressure, surface oxidation or uncleanness, etc.; the main cause of increased wear is that the contact capacity is too small, the arc temperature is too high to oxidize the contact metal, etc.;